Get behind the curtain at OPUS Vancouver.
Now is your chance to join the most dynamic hospitality team in city. We can't wait to meet you!
Any company or individual stating that they are representing the hotel with the intent on hiring international workers is doing so falsely, and should be treated with caution. It is recommended to always contact the hotel directly in advance to verify any job openings, and to always be cautious with providing any of your personal information to a third party search firm.
OVERNIGHT GUEST SERVICES AGENT
This position is involved in the operation of a variety of guest contact positions including Guest Services, Bell Services, Reservations and Room Service.
- Greets and registers guests at the Hotel
- Actively promotes the sale of the property by handling incoming reservation requests
- Maintains a high level of service using eye contact and positive body language
- Able to work a variety of shifts including weekends and overnight shifts
- Performs cashier duties as required
- May be required to assist in storing luggage and room deliveries
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles
- Assist in the order taking and delivery of In-room Dining
Skills & Abilities:
Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the Hotel atmosphere. Person must posses excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Focus will be on attention to detail, and consistently performing at a high level in the variety of tasks associated with the role. Flexibility and teamwork are important attributes for a successful candidate. Prior OPERA experience along with knowledge in MS Excel and Word is required. As well, overall knowledge of the city, attractions and restaurants is required. Strong knowledge and background in the Hotel industry is important; with the focus on the Rooms Division.
- Willingness to work overnight/graveyard shifts mandatory
- A strong grasp of the English language in both verbal and written forms is mandatory
- Applicants must have permission to work in Canada
ROOM SERVICE & BANQUET ATTENDANT
This person will be responsible for the timely and professional delivery of food and beverage orders to guests through our In-room Dining department. Duties also include the setup, takedown, and service of banquet functions, as well as the preparation and delivery of guest amenities.
- Offer world-class service to our valuable guests
- Communicate with front desk team regarding IRD and Banquet BEOs
- Follow all company safety procedures
- Restock amenity inventory for in-room deliveries
- Ensure the room service area is fully stocked when beginning and completing a shift
- Setup and delivery of in-room gifts and amenities
- Setup, takedown, and serving of banquet functions
- Ensure all in-room dining trays and carts are picked up, cleaned and reset
- Ensure the banquet and in-room dining storage area is well organized and stocked
- Assisting in other departments including Front Desk and Bell Services when needed
* Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the overall atmosphere.
* Banquet experience an asset
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This person must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on providing a high level of professional and friendly service to each guest. Serving it Right and Food Safe program certificates are requirements. This person should be able to work unsupervised and be able to manage time wisely and take initiative. Candidates will be required to have a firm understanding of food and beverage procedures as well as a solid knowledge of menu items and service standards. Banquet experience is an asset. Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.